1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Philip Molter philip at datafoundry.com
Tue Mar 21 13:30:47 UTC 2006

> I'm in the same boat, the only FC2 box I have is this one, and I do not
> really consider it expendable.  I'd feel much different if I had
> another box to drop onto the end of the ethernet cable & plug this 19"
> monitor into.  But I don't.
>
> Lots of folks would call this considerably hacked up FC2 install
> thoroughly broken, but guess what?  EVERYTHING I use everyday, for
> several hours of that day, Just Works(TM).

I have several FC2 boxes that I'd like to upgrade but haven't gotten
around to hitting yet (they'll probably go to FC4 when I get around to
it).  FC2 is a great milestone distribution because it was the first FC
distribution with the 2.6 kernel and that kernel was pushed all the way
to 2.6.10, a really nice stable FC kernel, before being legacied.

Philip