Fedora Legacy Update : kdelibs dependency problems

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Mar 22 23:21:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:54:03PM +0000, A E Lawrence wrote:
> > Synopsis:          Updated kdelibs packages fix security issues
> > Advisory ID:       FLSA:178606
>
> download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/3/updates/x86_64/kdelibs-3.4.2-1.fc3.1.legacy.x86_64.rpm
>
> Trying to update (yum) the kdelibs and kdelibs-devel rpms fails on a
> AMD64 FC3 legacy system because all the other kde packages appear to
> require kdebase-3.3.1-4.3.FC3.

There is something not kosher with your system as in August 2005
there was an FC3 update of various things KDE and this included
kdelibs-3.4.2-0.fc3.2;  on x86_64 too.

> I suspect that I can force the upgrade without
> breaking anything by a manual "rpm -Fhv --nodeps ...",

Don't do that.  Quite likely something will break.  I guess that
you should first run all available updates from "pre-legacy" servers
and only after that apply what was provided later.  There is an
assumption here that all earlier updates were already applied.

   Michal