New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 25 04:09:13 UTC 2006

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 16:17 -0600, Mike Klinke wrote:
>> There is instead an entry in /usr/lib;  "sendmail.sendmail"  which
>> is linked to /usr/sbin/sendmail.  Also the man pages no longer work
>> if you type; "man sendmail"  You have to use "man
>> sendmail.sendmail".
>
> This sounds like the Alternatives system got confused and wasn't making
> the links that it was supposed to, as stated in the spec file.  Hrm.

This sounds like what happens when we rush the QA processes...

I've stopped trying to do QA because by the time I download the testing
version, install it, and start testing it, and well before I can submit
a report, the package gets released...  Very frustrating.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!