New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

David Eisner cradle at umd.edu
Sat Mar 25 15:24:12 UTC 2006

Eric Rostetter wrote:
> This sounds like what happens when we rush the QA processes...

Other distros had advance warning about this vulnerability, and hence
more time to apply patches and do testing.  Is there a way Fedora Legacy
could be added to the list of vendors that are notified in this type of
situation?

Who decides whom to notify in advance. Sendmail, Inc.? I imagine they
want vendors to keep the information under wraps until the official
announcement is made. (I could be wrong.)  How would this work with
Fedora Legacy?  Is it possible?

-David