New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Mar 27 18:47:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 13:43 -0500, James Kosin wrote:
> Sounds like something didn't get built correctly.  Was this a new
> release of sendmail or a patch?
> I believe my packages needed (or at least I let them build a -cf
> package) at one point.  My version has been working for some time with
> no problems with man or other changes.
>
> Did the SPEC file change significantly?

The patches supplied by Sendmail did not apply to older releases, so all
releases had to be updated to 8.12.11.  RHEL set a precedent on this
when they updated the version on RHEL2.1.  The spec did change in many
ways, and unfortunately I didn't catch the significance of the changes
w/regard to alternatives.

These issues should be resolved in the newer packages in
updates-testing.