Help With Serial Port

Michael Schwartz mbs at tenagraobservatories.com
Tue Oct 10 20:45:48 UTC 2006

Hi -

I have an application that runs under Redhat 7.2 that expects to see a
serial port at /dev/tty4 with characteristics 9600,N,1,1.  Through my own
ignorance or perhaps through failure of the PCI serial card (Dolphin 2-port
PCI card) the application doesn't appear to notice the serial port.  I know
very little about linux and how to turn this back on or test to see of the
port has failed.  Does anyone have a way (or can VNC to my computer) to see
what's going on?  Many thanks in advance.

Michael
Tenagra Observatories