Sorry for confusion -- Re: Some supporting ideas regarding fedora legacy project when FC6 is out today

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 20:04:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

 Sorry, confusion regarding the release date and "end
of official support" date.

 But in general, That doesn't look like a bad idea, a
strategy similar to linux kernel maintenance.

 Every will gain from the strategy: Redhat RPM lovers
will stay happily with FC/FCLegacy with longer release
support time; Redhat Inc. will attract more users, I
mean, both pure enthusiastic and small business users.
Currently FC just scares aways small business users to
Debian/Gentoo because the former have so short a
lifespan. Without real business users play in these FC
test-beds RHEL will die away shortly.

 FC Legacy support group have no reasons to object the
strategy as well? :) There are lesser releases to
support but better support for supported ones.