updated srpms for firefox and seamonkey (mozilla)

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sat Sep 16 19:34:52 UTC 2006

With the current updates I replaced older packages with

ftp://ftp.harddata.com/pub/Legacy_srpms/seamonkey-1.0.5-0.4.fc4.0.mj.src.rpm
ftp://ftp.harddata.com/pub/Legacy_srpms/firefox-1.5.0.7-1.fc4.0.mj.src.rpm

which I used to recompile browser for FC4 systems.  These packages
likely fit older installations too but I did not try.  Have a shot
at the above if you would rather run something with recent security
patches against remote attacks than "official".

Once again - the seamonkey package above is configured to _replace_
old mozilla and not to be installed side-by-side (like what you can
find in "extras").  This means that all packages which depend on
'mozilla' or its subpackages, starting with yelp, need to be
recompiled too as some library locations change.  This is purely
"mechanical" and does not need any configuration modifications;
required /usr/lib/pkgconfig/mozilla*.pc files are supplied by
'seamonkey-devel' and there are corresponding 'mozilla' provides.
The same way like in similar packages from RHEL.

The easiest way to check what on your system needs new binaries is,
after seamonkey packages were installed, to type:

   yum remove 'semonkey*'

respond "no" and see what were other candidates for a removal.

If the above srpms were used as starting points for Legacy releases
I would be only happy.

   Michal