2.6 final available, any takers?

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Dec 19 03:06:44 UTC 2003

Michael Kearey wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> I had to remove ide-scsi from the grub entry for 2.6.
>>
>> With that entry in, I lost my burner from being recognized.
>>
>> I have to run redhat-config-sound to get my soundcard to work. The
>> module is not added to modprobe.conf file.
>>
>> It seems to work other than the modules for sound loaded automatically
>> at startup.
>

> IIRC scsi layer is no longer needed for CD writers, as ATAPI is now
> there. You may want to check that out for your CD writer.
>
> Chees,
> Michael

I tried out the burn:/// feature and selected files. Then I burned them
to CD. This worked while running the 2.6 kernel.

I didn't have to login as root to burn and the devices were referred to
as they are. Before they appeared as scd devices, even without ide-scsi
loaded in the 2.4 kernel.

Thanks for the suggestion. Burn never worked for me before.

Jim

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 Oct 14 18:25 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 Dec 16 23:53 /dev/cdrom1 -> /dev/hdd

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 Dec 14 20:32 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg1