NVIDIA driver compile

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 1 09:46:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Peter Kiem wrote:
> >>Go to
> >>http://www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia/
>
> What is so hard about installing with the source from nVidia's site?  I
> just installed Fedora Core 1 and did this on the weekend and it worked
> PERFECTLY!
> 1..2..3..4..5..6

OK so far...
May I add #7.

   7. /usr/bin/X11/x11perf -all > /tmp/x11perf-out-nvidia

Things 1-6 work fine for me.  Number 7 dumps core both for the
nvidia driver and the nv driver.  The nvidia driver crashed the
Xserver.  An old SiS300 based PCI card did run this test to
competion.

When running the nvidia driver the last line in the log file was:

 2800 reps @   1.8933 msec (   528.0/sec): ShmPutImage XY 100x100  square

"lspci" tells me
  ....nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] (rev a2)

I am using my 'safe' XF86Config from my RH9 box with an older nVidia
card that does fine with x11perf:
  ....nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (rev b2)
I will look to see if I missed anything in the sample XF86Config
files.  I noted that /usr/bin/redhat-config-xfree86 had trouble
on Fedora.

Anyhow can other nVidia card holders with time please run:
	/usr/bin/X11/x11perf -all
and validate that I am alone or in a crowd on this.