Ximian-Connector

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 2 00:02:58 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 17:29, Charles Swarts wrote:
> Has anyone tried to install ximian-connector on FC1?  Everytime I try I
> get a failed dependency error on libcom_err.so.3
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles

I am using it at work to connect to an exchange 2003 server.  My
workstation is running FC1.  I downloaded Red Carpet from Ximian and I
had to change /etc/redhat-release to look like a Red Hat 9 system.  Once
I did that, ximian-connector installed fine.  Did you download rcd and
red-carpet?  red-carpet needs rcd running, you can start it with
  service rcd start

Once you are done, you should disable rcd since it will start up at
boot.

  chkconfig --levels 2345 rcd off

Jim Drabb

Jim Drabb