LG CD-ROMs again

jason pearl jpearl24 at cox.net
Tue Dec 2 13:00:22 UTC 2003

go to the LG site and u can upgrade the firm ware ...

A solution to the problem with LG CD-ROM drives has just been provided
by LG.

Indeed, LG has released some firmware updates to various model numbers
(they are noted specifically on our errata page on MandrakeLinux.com).
All users are encouraged to upgrade the firmware on their CD-ROM systems
prior to installing or upgrading Mandrake Linux 9.2.

Furthermore, It is possible to restore your damaged LG CD ROM. Please
visit the "Device Driver" page on LG website. A .gif picture will
explain the procedure.(Save it to disk with Mozilla)

So, two links to stay up to date :

      * Our LG Errata page
      * LG website

The Mandrake Staff