Cedilla Problem!

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 18:25:55 UTC 2003

On Dec  2, 2003, Rui Miguel Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:

> That's what I use, with near total failure.

Hmm...  Interesting.  I hadn't realized it failed in GTK2 apps such as
gnome-terminal (I'd never tried to emit accented characters in a
command line terminal, let alone ç).  ç works in GNU Emacs and
Mozilla, where I do all of my e-mail and text composition.  It's
probably the GTK2 issue that Owen mentioned.

It's too bad that GTK2 uses its own key composition mechanism, totally
unrelated with the maps used by X.