xmms & evolution

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Tue Dec 2 20:00:02 UTC 2003

Alexandre Strube wrote:
> He's not the only one :-)
>
> I used to have a "killall esd" icon here just to unlock mozilla from
> time to time... Now gone, since I'm using alsa :-)

Well, I have an sblive, so my /dev/dsp can handle multiple sounds at
once... which means I hate alsa because it's needless complication, and
I hate esd because it's awful (XMMS's little visualisation window is out
of sync with the music when it uses esd). So, gaim uses command 'play',
and everything else uses OSS output, as far as I know.