yum, up2date rollback features

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Wed Dec 3 17:11:14 UTC 2003

I was reading through the rpm man pages recently when I noticed the
--repackage option. I was able to erase a package and have the archive created
in my repackage_dir. However, it is not a standard RPM and cannot be installed
or queried (gives MD5 error). Doing some more reading it seems that this
feature is used only by the up2date frontend for system rollback.

Rollback? Oooooh. That's something from Solaris that I missed dearly on RedHat.

I looked through yum manpages but didn't see anything similar. Is there such a
beast for Fedora Core 1?

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan at digitalhermit.com