"reverse"-ssh ?

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 22:50:46 UTC 2003

>From my work office I can ssh to my home machine ... works great.....
>From home I can NOT ssh back to my work, because the work firewalls are
secure in that regard. (Changing the firewall settings at the office is not
an option available to me).....

Is there a way I can start a session FROM my office, and then from home,
somehow "piggy back" on that so I could work on the office machine from
home?

So, effectively, from my work machine I'd initiate a session at the other
end (my home). When I got home I could continue working on the machine
that's in the office.

Thanks,
Don