avoid nvidia?

Kent Pirkle kpirkle at kphome.net
Thu Dec 4 00:03:25 UTC 2003

I'm running Fedora on an ASUS A7N8X deluxe, which is a nForce2
motherbord and a Geforce 4 Ti4200 video card with no problems.

The sound and 3Com ethernet have drivers in the kernel. You need the
nvidia drivers for 3D on the video card and for the nvidia ethernet
port. Also, you can use the nvidia agpgart to get 8x agp if you have 8x
capable hardware.

All in all the nVidia package works well for me under Fedora.