HH-sendmail conigration..

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Thu Dec 4 18:13:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 04:53, hemachandra.jayapal at wipro.com wrote:

> hello all,
>                    Need to configure the sendmail in Red hat linux 8.0
> , i have did that by giving the server address in sendmail.mc and
> relay host address  in sendmail.cf..............
>                        and the linux machine ip address is given in
> server also.
>   but thing is  i am not able to send any messages..from the message .
> i am not getting any warning.. are so.,
> If any one faced the same problem , please mail me the details
>
> regards,
> Hemachandra Jayapal.

    Wait...what do you mean 'relay host'?  If you're trying something
complicated with Redhat's Sendmail you're gonna have to get out the
book....

    ...and you ARE running the command at the top of sendmail.mc, then
restarting sendmail, right?

    Does this machine 'face the sea' (outside a firewall) at your
location?  Is that IP address given in DNS for your domain?

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262