web page problem - mozilla bug or java-script error?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 5 00:03:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 09:35, Alexandre wrote:

> > > It's ok here, using fedora's standard mozilla.
> >
> > What video card are you using, then? From the responses I've gotten,
> > I'm not the only one who has observed the weird behaviour at
> > http://www.guinnessvote.ca/en/home.phtml. I'm wondering if it is
> > related to the video card, then?
> > What card is on your system? I'm running an nVidia card with the
> > drivers installed.
>
> I'm using a plain old 3dfx voodoo4 pci. The picture at
> http://www.surak.eti.br/fotos/guiness.jpg is the correct and expected
> behaviour, right? (wow! screenshots :-)
That *is* the expected behaviour, but I cannot click on the upper
button, because the page displays incorrectly, as showing in
the following link:
http://www.futzin.com/display.jpg

So how come I (and a few others here) get that problem with the
site, and some of you don't have that problem? Are you running
different versions than I am?

ON my system: Java full version "1.4.2_02-b03", Mozilla-1.4.1-18
MozPlugger 1.3.2, and Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79. Is there any discrepancy
between the versions on my system and those on yours?

TIA,

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.Public