Please Add Nvidia install info to FAQ [WAS Re: FC1 & NVIDIAaccelerated drivers.]

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Fri Dec 5 15:18:09 UTC 2003

> Just to understand: you didn't install Fedora because you love to use
> Outlook Express 5.5???

Nope.

I run a RH9 server at home for email and a bunch of other stuff.  At work
(where I am right now) I am not allowed to install mozilla mail.  The only
client that I'm allowed to use is either Outlook or Outlook Express.  I use
Outlook for work email, and have configured Outlook Express to use both
imaps and TLS/smtp-auth so that I have encrypted email sessions.

I haven't upgraded from RH9 to FC1 at home, because for every "FC1 worked
just fine for me!" post, I see a bunch of "Has anybody gotten this to work?"
or "This worked on RH9, but not on FC1" or such posts.  If this list didn't
have around 400 posts a day, I'd go back through the archives for the last
two months and compile a list of the things that just aren't working, so I
could guage it against FC2 when it comes out.

I have a friend who's really happy with Mac OS X, but it seems like software
doesn't come out for it as much. :(

I'm just depressed 'cause RH9 just WORKED for me, right off of the CD.
*sigh*

Ben