apt-get

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Dec 5 19:25:48 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 20:19, Martin Marques wrote:
> El Vie 05 Dic 2003 15:12, Jim Woodward escribió:
> > When I do:
> > apt-get install mplayer
> > it starts to do this, but then I get many 'uknown signature /var/...'
> > errors.
> > Does anyone know what I can do to correct this?
>
> One of two:
>
> 1) Try to get signed packages (like the fedora packages) for security reasons

Note the error message: "unknown signature" .. the packages are signed,
he's just missing the GPG key to check against. The GPG keys need to be
fetched from the repositories in question (rpm.livna.org, freshrpms or
whatever is used)

> 2) Edit /etc/apt/apt.conf and change inside the RPM block the GPG-Check to
> false, like this
>
> GPG-Check "false";

This does allow installing those packages but is not recommended because
by doing this you're disabling a security check.

	- Panu -