k3b, cdrecord and Fedora : BAD VERSION : Error message

Jim Radford jim at grubber.org
Fri Dec 5 20:07:11 UTC 2003

On Saturday 15 Nov 2003 1:45 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > I was getting a cdrecord error 255 using k3b, so I brought down one of my
> > backups of cdrecord, this version
> >
> > [root at localhost bin]# cdrecord --version
> > Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.0.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002
> > Jrg Schilling
> >
> > And everything works fine.  The Fedora version was
> >
> > [root at localhost root]# cdrecord --version
> > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a19 (i686-redhat-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003
> > Jrg Schilling
> >
> > Fedora has an experimental version, which does not work.   I kept getting
> > a cdrecord error 255 and a buffer underrun error.  This should be fixed
> > quickly, since cdrecord is used by everything.  I have posted a number of
> > messages on various sites asking about this.  I found out why.

I too am getting this error on both my machines running FC1. I'm not really
sure about how to cure it - any advice?

> What are the steps to reproduce the error?

I get it whenever I try to burn a CD.

> What version of k3b?

The one that I installed using synaptic:

1:0.10.3-1.xcyb.8.fc1

cdrecord is again installed from synaptic:

8:2.01-0.a19.2

The only two sources I use are:

rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 core updates freshrpms
rpm http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1 athlon stable bleeding

Please help, I want to burn some CDs and I'm damned if I'm going to go back to
RH9 ;)

--
Jim Radford