changing the gnome window manager

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Sat Dec 6 02:53:16 UTC 2003

    Hey people,

    So, I'm not a big fan of Metacity. It's not customizable.

    So, firing up gconf-editor, I hacked the registry at

desktop -> gnome -> applications -> window_manager.

    I tried changing both current and default to /usr/bin/sawfish (after
installing sawfish of course). Neither has had any effect, they're just
ignored.
    Little help?

    Thanks,
    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Networks Corporation