POSIX ACL Support for filesystems.

Dmitri Gofmekler dmitri at arvid.ee
Sat Dec 6 17:44:39 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to install Samba with ACL support to allow users more complex
permission configuration for their folders. Seems that kernel, installed from
RPM packets cames without ACL support and without XFS filesistem support too.
It there a some more simpler way than compiling a custom kernel to get ACL
support? I tried to compile SRPM package of the kernel, but the strange
situation occured, in RPM subdirectory I did not found kernel-2.4.....rpm file,
only kernel-source, kernel-BOOT and kernel-doc, why it could be?

BTW, who knows, why RedHat's kernels cames without ACL, XFS and NTFS support
enabled? I think that it is widley used and useful features...

Thanks in advance,
Dmitri.