problem with mppe after kernel upgrade

Lisa Durham lisa at natec.net
Sun Dec 7 07:11:07 UTC 2003

Last week before I upgraded the kernel I followed the directions on
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora.phtml  and was able to
connect to my company's VPN.

After upgrading the kernel (using up2date) this didn't work, so I went
back to the site and tried to follow the directions again, but when I
tried to install the kernel module for 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl I get a
'segmentation fault'.

After googling and searching this lists archives, I'm still lost.

I tried to use rpm -U instead of install and it just hangs ... does
nothing and I have to kill the process.

I also tried to use rpm -e on the old kernel module and it hangs up and
I must kill the process.

Any other things I should try?

Lisa