how to set up the firewall?

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 10:01:39 UTC 2003

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 10:32:43 +0100, Thorsten wrote:

> can anybody give me a hint on where to find the firewall and how to alter
> the iptable?

The best place to start (as with everything Linux) is with the man page.

man iptables

The actual filter "table" is in:

/etc/sysconfig/iptables

Can't speak for others, but to me it always seemed self-explanatory.

If you're going to do thing's the "legit" way, don't edit the file
directly, but use the iptables *command* to configure it.

If you're looking for a Point'N'Drool gooey, you could do worse than
Firestarter (http://firestarter.sourceforge.net)

There's a fairly decent tutorial at:
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

-