S3 ProSavage 8 vedio chipset.

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Sun Dec 7 15:39:43 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 02:31, jim tate wrote:
> I have checked out XFree86.org and there does not seem to be a driver for
> this chipset, does anyone have any better news than I have found on this
> chipset?
> I have it working in Fedora, using the vesa driver, and playing Tuxracer
> is not fun
> in slow motion.
> Anybody?

Do a search on google.  A lot of stuff was returned.  Start here:
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=184#ProSavageDDR
They have drivers for Linux, but not specifically Fedora.  They might
still work, otherwise write them an email asking for Fedora built ones.

The S3 Xfree86 driver is also supposed to support the ProSavage...but
but 8 series I'm not sure.

Cheers,

Daniel

--