KDE 3.2beta2 RPMS and Fedora

Martin Andersen martin at al-data.dk
Tue Dec 9 13:41:53 UTC 2003

Hello!

Yesterday I installed the mentioned rpms on my
desktop computer. Some of the rpms would not
install due to dependency problems, they are:

kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner-3.1.94-0.2.i386.rpm
qt-MySQL-3.2.3-0.2.i386.rpm
qt-ODBC-3.2.3-0.2.i386.rpm

I removed those and installed successfully by
rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Now to my problems: prelink was running close to
100% CPU when I checked top, haven't seen that before.

Very slow response when clicking on something in the taskbar.
Sometimes I have to click 3 times to open a program.

K-Menu freezes. Need to press Esc to snap out of it.

When opening a program from the K-Menu (when it haven't froze), some
other programs that are minimized opens also.

What can I do to make this better ?

Martin.