set no password in a fedora user

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Dec 9 18:44:06 UTC 2003

jdow wrote:

> I presume the machine is never connected to the Internet or always has
> nice firewalls running. I presume you never lived in a city that more
> or less required both a lock and a dead bolt plus perhaps some backups
> for those two locking mechanisms. A password is only one lock in a
> properly set of locks for your system's front door.

> I should get the authorities to run you in for exposing yourself in
> front of me this way. No password is like running around in a trench
> coat without any pants or shorts on ready to "flash" people.

What's it matter what I do or don't wear when there is no one else
around? Have you considered that some people don't live in cities, or
that some people have nothing worth stealing? Around here, locking the
door is nothing but a pointless nuisance. The main reason the lock is
there is because State Farm won't write homeowner's insurance if it
isn't. I have an excellent moat, and the dogs will bark or even bite.
The doors inside the castle really don't need locks inhibiting the
residents' freedom to move about within.

> {^_-}   Seriously, no password is very much not a good idea.

Doesn't matter. OP asked how he could, not whether he should. Every such
question how does not require a thrashing about why it's a bad idea.
--
"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
                                                John 8:32 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/