PCMCIA Success (At Last)!

David C. Hart dch at TQMcube.com
Wed Dec 10 01:03:10 UTC 2003

I replaced a $130+ 3com with an Intel Pro/100 NIC (19.95 from
overstock.com). Finally, I have a properly working NIC on my
workstation. The only trick is to use the newer alternate driver - e100.

Eureka. I can actually move larger files across NFS shares. I can even
install RPMs across the network. I haven't seen this since "Network
'hood."

The funny thing is that the entire system is snappier. I mean Mozilla
and Evolution launch faster. Go figure.

                               ---------
            Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence