Fedora Core 1 on an ASUS A7V600 motherboard

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 12:28:06 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:24:15PM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just bought an ASUS A7V600 motherboard (VIA KT600)

me too :)

>  and wondered if
> anyone here had already some experience in getting it to work properly with
> Fedora Core 1.

My experience with FC1:

- onboard ethernet works fine using the sk98lin driver, though isn't
autodetected by kudzu.  echo "alias eth0 sk98lin" >> /etc/modules.conf
and ignore the provided drivers
- onboard sound doesn't seem to work, apparently it does in 2.6 with
ALSA, I didn't try very hard with this in 2.4
- agpgart in 2.4 doesn't support the KT600, getting hardware-accelerated
3D can be difficult/impossible, 2.6 is the only answer, haven't got that
working yet reliably yet though
- SATA, haven't tried, the kernel detected it though.
- I can boot off a Seagate ATA100 hard drive on the normal IDE channels
with no problems at all.

joe