raid controller recommendation

Chris Debono develop at ipstorm.net
Fri Dec 12 07:38:48 UTC 2003

Hi

As far as I know, promise store some of its config somewhere on the hard
disk (most probably in the boot sector). I noticed this when I set up a
mirror with 2 hard disks on one controller and installed RH9. I swapped the
controller with another one which was unconfigured and on power up it
recognized the drivers as a mirror automatically so I assume it is writing
something on the disks. The model I used was the TX2PRO.

What I noticed is that if 1 drive fails, the system degradation is so high
that it becomes unusable and you have to power down and remove 1 drive to
continue working.

Regards

Chris