xcdroast is fast...grip is too slow...

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Dec 12 12:36:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 20:24, Chuck Mize wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:11, Ben Steeves wrote:
>
> > I've found that grip doesn't play nice with ide-scsi.  If I turn it off,
> > Grip "just works", if I turn it on, it "just don't".
>
> How do you turn off ide-scsi? Ever since installing FC1 I haven't been
> able to use grip. I never get any error message it just doesn't do
> anything when I tell it to rip a CD.

On the boot directive for your kernel (in /etc/lilo.conf or
/etc/grub.conf), there is a phrase like "hdx=ide-scsi" (where x is a
letter between b and d, typically).  Remove that clause.  If using lilo,
run lilo, then reboot.  If using grub, just reboot.

Write it down before you remove it in case you want to put it back.

ben