when can we expect?

Michael Smith operalover_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 13:29:29 UTC 2003

--- Fernando Fernandez <darksyntax at tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:
> does any one have any clue as to when we can expect
> to see fedora core 2
> iso's
>

> --

Fernando,
This is from the Fedora Core web site:

http://fedora.redhat.com/

"Fedora Core 2
No dates set yet, but a driving goal or defining
characteristic will be the 2.6 Linux kernel -- unless
the 2.6 Linux kernel takes too long to arrive. That
is, we'll shorten the schedule to accomodate an
earlier release of the 2.6 kernel, but not lengthen it
to accomodate a later release of the 2.6 kernel."

In my opinion, it will probably be several months yet,
given that FC1 was released only a few weeks ago, and
that the public beta process has not yet begun for
FC2.

Cheers,
Mike Smith