LVM and LVM2

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Fri Dec 12 19:26:53 UTC 2003

Hello people,

I have the following repositories on my apt's  sources.list:

rpm http://people.redhat.com arjanv/2.5 kernel
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 core updates freshrpms
rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/1/i386 stable unstable testing
rpm http://macromedia.mplug.org apt/fedora/1 macromedia
rpm http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/ redhat/en/i386/fc1 newrpms
rpm http://apt.sw.be redhat/fc1/en/i386 dag

When I try to apt-get dist-upgrade, it wants to upgrade
lvm-1.0.3-13.src.rpm (marked as being from freshrpms) to lvm2-2.00.08-1
(marked as being from fedora unofficial, whatever it means).

The problem is, if I upgrade it, SEVERAL packages need to be removed,
they are listed below.

The question is: is it safe to force an upgrade of such critic package?
May I do a rpm -Uvh --force on it?

The packages to be removed:

XFree86 XFree86-tools XFree86-twm XFree86-xdm bzflag control-center
eog ethereal ethereal-gnome evolution firstboot gal-devel gdm gedit
glade2 gnome-print gnome-print-devel gnome-session gtkglarea gtkhtml
gtkhtml-devel gtkhtml3 gtksourceview iptables kdebase kdegames
kernel#2.4.22-1.2129.nptl
kernel-module-alsa#1.0.0-0.rc2.1.fr_2.4.22_1.2129.nptl
lesstif lesstif-devel libgal2 libgnomedb libgnomeprint libgnomeprint22
libgnomeprintui libgnomeprintui22 libpcap lilo lvm mkbootdisk mkinitrd
mpeg2dec nautilus nautilus-media openoffice.org pciutils quota
redhat-config-securitylevel redhat-config-securitylevel-tui
redhat-config-xfree86 rhn-applet rp-pppoe sndconfig tcpdump tcptrack
up2date up2date-gnome vconfig xawtv-tv-fonts xinitrc

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group