MultiBoot Linux+WinXP+Win2K+WinME+Win98

Bryan White bryan at arcamax.com
Fri Dec 12 21:57:46 UTC 2003

We have a software testing department that tests Windows CDRom software
for compatibility with various versions of Windows.  I am trying to
create a testing system that would allow all the Windows partitions to
be on the same system and include the ability to reload all the
partitions from backup images.

I am using Fedora to manage the images.  Currently I have WinMe, Win2k,
WinXP and Fedora all installed.  There does not seem to be a way to get
WinMe and Win98 to coexist.  Also I am using grub as the boot loader.
It chain loads to a secondary WinXP boot loader that lets me choose
which windows partition to boot.  I would prefer to just make the
various windows partitions appear on the Grub menu.

Has anybody done this sort of thing?  Can you point me at any good how-tos.

--
Bryan White, ArcaMax Inc.

Who approaches the Bridge of Death
Must answer me these questions three