driver disk for Initio (SIIG) SCSI board

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 12 22:21:48 UTC 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 09:24:20AM -1000, Antonio Querubin wrote:
> I have an Initio 9x00 based (made by SIIG) SCSI board which is recognized
> by a Redhat 9 installation CD but not the Fedora installation CD.  Redhat
> 9 installs an initio.o module.  While Fedora lists the same module in the
> /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2129.nptl/unsupported/drivers/scsi/initio.o it
> doesn't seem to be part of the install process.  As a result the Fedora
> install never sees my SCSI hard drive so I can't install it.  How does one
> create a 'driver disk' that can be used to include the initio driver
> during the installation process?

Your days are numbered for using this card. Kernel 2.6 *does not*
include an initio 9x00 series driver and according to Doug Ledford one
will never be written unless somebody in the global community takes it
on. Can't speak to its usefulness in recent 2.4 kernels since I pulled
mine when I heard the news and went with a symbios-based card. Perhaps
once (*coff, coff*) the 2.6 scsi layer has stabilized, Initio could be
convinced to rewrite their driver.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca