Details of ftp install

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Dec 13 14:32:04 UTC 2003

"William Hooper" <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> writes:

> Harry Putnam  said:
>> can someone provide details of ftp install?  When I try these
>> addresses I get a failure:
>
> At what point are you getting a failure?
>
>>   http://download.fedora.redhat.com/
>>   pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
>>
>>   ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/
>>   pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
>
> Are you actually putting "http://" or "ftp://"?  The examples from the
> RHL9 manual doesn't include the protocol.

I don't have the errors now.  But it didn't show up on the debug
screen.  It just returned a message some thing like.
`Address WHATEVER is not a valid address'

I tried as many combonations as I could think of using both
ftp:// and ftp. syntax  Also tried the sub address with and without a
leading slash like /pub or pub.

Since nothing showed up on the debug screen I'm not sure what was
being rejected.  I'll try it again later today for a better reply.