Fedora CD's and update questions

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 20:24:46 UTC 2003

Hi list,

I know this has been discussed before, but I have a couple of questions that
i dont think have been answered (if they can be answered) just yet.. I have
search around, FAQ's etc but could not find an answer,

First off I run RH8 with custom kernel/packages and the kde-redhat packages
and would really like to migrate over to Fedora, has anyone done this from
RH8 and what is the best way to go about it. Also  how well supported is KDE
in Fedora,

My other question's are about Fedora on CD, does anyone here know of someone
in the UK or Europe that supplies the CD's, I have found some suppliers in
the USA but so far non over here.
Also  if/when FC2 is released how does one go about updating to that, being on
"dial-up" would I have to go the CD route again or will the change from core
1 to core 2 be a case of using apt etc? IE no major changes like from RH8-9??

thanks for any info,

Colin
--
The manual said "Requires WinBlows '95 or better" ...so I installed Linux!