Wireless ethernet adapter

Josh Bressers josh at bress.net
Mon Dec 15 01:43:13 UTC 2003

> Hello fellow enthusiasts/developers,
>
> I did a clean install of Fedora Core 1 today on my NEC laptop.
> I'm trying to get a Linksys wireless adapter to work so I can access the
> Internet. I noticed the adapter doesn't appear in the wireless connection
> list.
> How can I get it activated? Should Linux have recognized it at startup?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What kind of wireless adapter do you have?  Is it pcmcia or usb?  Who made
it and what's the model number?

Just by guessing, you probably have a pcmcia prism2 card which can be a bit
annoying to get working.  If I'm right check out this page.

http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/v21-fc1-index.html

There are some wlan-ng drivers for FC1 there.

--
    JB