Problems exporting PATH after modified.

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 15 13:39:09 UTC 2003

On Dec 15, 2003 at 13:38, Jacques Escape in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm having some problems exporting the PATH environmental variable
>after I have modified it in the Terminal that comes with KDE.
>
>What I do is I modify the PATH variable, and then export it. After
>this when I call "echo $PATH" the output displays the new modified
>string. BUT as soon as I log-out and log-in again the new modified
>PATH is gone and replaced by the original.
That is the correct behaviour. You need to add the
PATH statement to your shell resource config file.
For the bash shell use ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc.

N.Emile...
Bilbo's First Law:
	You cannot count friends that are all packed up in barrels.
 08:36:20  up 11 days, 13:23,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00