MySQL 4.0

Mauro Faccenda faccenda at gmx.net
Tue Dec 16 00:24:04 UTC 2003

I did it with a RH9, not sure with a Fedora, but you should try:

Get the .src.rpm in the mysql website, then
# run rpmbuild --rebuild <package>.src.rpm

You must have rpm-build installed (and all it's requirements and
requirements of the source package.

And after the build process, the rpm's will be in:
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/

With the RedHat 9 when I try to install the MySQL-client package, it
shows a error message telling that it requieres perl(this) (or something
like this). I've installed with --nodeps parameter, and it's still
working fine. =)

After all, tell us if you had this problem too, ok?

Good luck.

[]'s
	Mauro