Simple sound-apps under Fedora

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Tue Dec 16 06:48:21 UTC 2003

    I was trying to locate _simple_ sound apps under Fedora.
'Gnome-Sound-Recorder' was really crappy- segfaulting at every
opportunity.

    Audacity for Fedora is listed on FreshRPMs, but it's not reachable
by apt.  Not sure why...

    SoundStudio almost worked...but crashed with regularity.

    I was finally able to repeat and repeat, etc and make
'Gnome-Sound-Recorder' save four small files.

    Does anyone have any experience with this?  I'm considering
rebuilding 'Gnome-Sound-Recorder' from SRPM...

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.