two gripes about Evolution ...

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 16 20:55:46 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 15:43, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 11:43, Elton Woo wrote:

> Now, if only it worked well in conjunction with "don't quote emails" in
> the capacity that when you do your "paste as quote" it appends the "On
> Tuesday foo wrote:" on top of it.  This would emulate the way that
> kmail/sylpheed works with selection quoting.  As it stands now, to only
True, I find that if I select "reply" it quotes the entire message,
whereas with other mailers, I could do "reply quoted" (i.e, reply
to the *highlighted* section of text ONLY). ... maybe I'm doing this
wrong, but the only way to past only the quoted text is to do
"create new" which implies that I also have to manually renter the
subject line, prepended with a "re", etc., etc...

Jesse, would you recommend Sylpheed? I've never tried it...

> Does anybody else think this is a reasonable RFE?
I would toss in my two Canuck cents to vote "yea"... :-(

I've seen so much positive comments on Evolution in this
and the shrike-list, that I thought I'd give it a try, but
this disappoints me. The other thing, I've just found out,
is that unlike some other mailers, you cannot selectively
delete some of the messages in the trash folder.

It's "all or nothing" ... <*sigh*>.

Elton
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.Public