usb 2.0

Alex Olivas olivasa at colorado.edu
Tue Dec 16 20:58:27 UTC 2003

redhat wrote:

>I have a question about whether or not fedora is able to utilize usb 2.0
>yet?  If so, what cards might be compatible with fedora?  What kind of
>speeds can be expected?  Secondly, what 1000MB NIC cards are working
>with fedora?  I have a server set up to serve video clips for an editing
>bay but the 10/100 speeds are killing me.  Thus the reason for the
>USB/1000MB NIC questions.
>thanks,
>DF
>

>--

as far as i could tell usb was working with rh9 as well.  i haven't
tried to run
anything with usb2.0 on fedora yet, but i do plan to and am assuming it will
work, since it worked with rh9.  i tried a cheap usb2 pcmcia card (i don't
remember the brand, but it was so cheap i figured it was worth the gamble)
and as soon as i plugged it in rh9 started ehci immediately.  i was
surprised
at how little i had to do.  i will play with my external usb2 harddrive
tonight
and let you know if i have any problems.  can't help though with the NIC
cards.
alex.