ADSL connection debug

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Dec 16 22:43:28 UTC 2003

Alex White ha scritto:

>On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:16:51PM +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
>

>>I am trying to connect to the Internet a Linux box with Fedora by a
>>pppd[3549]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/3
>>pppd[3549]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
>>pppd[3549]: Connection terminated
>>pppoe[3658]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
>>

>How many ethernet cards do you have in your machine? I typically have
>received this error if when rebooting from windows to linux, the ethernet
>card ordering changes. Windows identifies ethernet cards sometimes in
>reverse order of linux. I've experienced this several times and wonder
>why it won't connect.
>
>It is also possible that you have to turn off the adsl "modem" as it were
>and let it sit a second then turn it back on. Sometimes windows does
>-somethin'- queer to the modem as it shuts down and it's stuck in an
>unusable state. Note that the previous is only theory but I have rebooted
>on occasion and had to power off and power on my adsl modem because it
>refused to connect. These errors look similar to what I have dealt with
>in the past.
>
>Hope this Helps
>
>Alex
>

>--

one card (eth0).The system finds also an eth2 that is an ISDN card, but
it seems o.k. on other systems (as the one I am writing this message). I
will try to reboot modem.

Tnx

--

 Antonio

 Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
 Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org