ADSL connection debug

Hugo Perez Casanova casanova at electronica.itver.edu.mx
Tue Dec 16 22:55:32 UTC 2003

Ok.

I recommend you to try nothing in Linux until you can get a ping from
your modem in windows.

Check if you have a modem/router. If that is so, you don't need PPPoE,
the modem will NAT your box.

Check for the manual, usually those modems have a web server enabled
which you can use to configure everything.

By the IP you are describing I think it might be one of those.