need a procmail recipe to /dev/null koolinus at tiscalinet.it please!!!

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Dec 17 14:35:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:34:16AM -0500, Scott Kindley wrote:
> I have received over 600 emails on the Fedora list from
> koolinus at tiscalinet.it
>
> Can someone please give me an example procmail entry to automatically
> dump any mail with his email address in /dev/null
>
> Please.....600 emails and still coming.....

Odd, I haven't gotten any emails from koolinus since 14
November. Maybe my WSP is filtering his/her/its stuff out??

I would be wary of simply shipping everything to /dev/null because
once the problem is fixed, you will never know it and might miss
useful emails from him/her/it.

Instead, a more general solution would be to have procmail eliminate
duplicates for you. There is a recipie to do that in the procmail
docs. To handle existing duplicates, tag on duplicate messages ("T ~="
on mutt) and delete the results.