touch screen problem

Allen Lin alin at ieee.org
Thu Dec 18 17:03:12 UTC 2003

I have a SonicBlue ProGear HX notebook running FC1, but I cannot get the
touch screen working.  It uses MicroTouch (3M) MT510 controller.
I downloaded and installed 3M's TouchWare 5.62 for Linux driver (TWDrv
module and TWXinput X module) with no success. It installed ok (no apparent
error messages), but X window did not respond to the stylus.

My XFree86Config file contains:

Section "ServerLayout"
InputDevice "TouchScreen" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "TouchScreen"
Driver "TWXinput"
Option "Device" "/dev/twscreen0"
EndSection

Does anyone know why it is not working or know another driver for MT510 that
works?
Thanks,

Allen