yum update, ignore permanently some packages

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Fri Dec 19 04:31:01 UTC 2003

Hey folks,

Just wondering if there is a way to permanently ignore a package update
in yum.conf. my specific situation is: I have installed shorewall rpm
from shorewall.net. Now, whenever I run yum update, it says I have to
update shorewall. But all it downloads is the small package, and not
shorewall-doc (2mb) package. When it does this, it breaks shorewall. So
whenever I have to update, I do it manually (meaning yum update
<package1> <package2> ... etc), without adding shorewall. Is there a way
to permanently ignore the shorewall package from fedora.us?

Thanks people.

Dex